Top things to see:
- Warship museum: offers you a adventitious rare view of warship and chance of boarding a warship. As you enter the old war horse, it unveils vestige of gallant and tensed life of the crew onboard.
- Rabindranath Tagore Beach: Watching the sunset, straying on this beach having an ample amount of crystal clear sand is in itself a romantic getaway. As you walk along the shore, you’ll tend to digress from stressful life.
- Aquarium: It exhibits rarest of rare species of aquatic life which is truly flamboyant. You can feel the way of life in ocean just by visiting the aquarium. It is surprisingly well presented to the public.
- Yana: offers you different views of volcanic rocks which fills your mind with ecstasy. If you are a rock climber, surely it does increase your desire to climb, same as its height. You’ll be left with no other option than being astonished at the nature’s sculpting chore.
Top things to do:
- Island visit
- Viewing sunset and cluster of islands from kali river bridge
- Visit to Yana
As you wriggle out of the highway, you can see a board hanging which says “Karwar- Kashmir of Karnataka”. You’ll be wondering and linking the similarities between Kashmir and Karwar.
Is it Ocean? Is it Snow? High Altitude Mountains?
Just Local administration’s attempt to increase the tourist inflow?!!
What didn’t worked:
- Humidity dishevel with you if not acclimatized.
- People are less talkative and look so glum that you may start feeling dejected.
- If you are planning to camp on the beaches, make sure there are no locals who drink like there’s no tomorrow and become riotous.
Best season to visit:
Winter months of November, December, January and October also seems right time if incessant rain has stopped.
Buses and Trains ply to Karwar from Bangalore, Mangalore, Kochi and Mumbai frequently / own vehicle is always better if you have plan of getting around the city.
What to pack:
Cotton cloths, Cowboy hat, Floaters, Life Jacket, Cold Cream, Medications, Glucose, Kayaks, Sunscreen if you are visiting during summer.
Where to stay:
Many resorts flourish in Karwar but the best one according to the survey is in the midst of Kurumgad Island. It has luxuriantly grown Mangoes and other trees which obviously fail to interest common man!.
Sujeeth.S.R – 9663153111 (email@example.com)
Suneeth.S.R – 7259811995 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sharanbasappa – 8904111870 (email@example.com)
Why “Karwar Calling Again”?
- It’s because of the complications involved in weaning away from kayaking. Indulging in Kayaking is as addictive as smoking pot.
- To see mesmerizing beauty of Karwar, especially sunset viewed from Kali River Bridge.
- Visit Kali temple at the top of the hill and famous mosque which is down the same hill to get preoccupied with what concerns human inner nature the most and to understand that “Peace” is same at both the holy places.
- To paddle far enough from the shore until you feel you are viewing karwar from higher astral plane and watch the sea turn Orange as last streaks of golden ray falls over it and all the distant buildings on the land get dolled up in pretty lights.
Karwar, vividly beautiful place will sneakingly nudge the adventure out of you, bit by bit. But those bits of adventure has heaped up in mind to plan revisiting Karwar with Kayak-Sailing.