- Horsley Hills or Horsleykonda is a series of hills in Andhra Pradesh in Madanapalle taluk of Chittoor district and is around 22km from Madanapalle town.
- The legend say, Yenugu Mallama Konda, a saintly old woman named Mallamma who lived atop the hill and was fed by elephants. A Temple has built in her name at the peak.
- View Point and Environment Park, though just a mini zoo, are the two places where you can spend some quality time.
- Horsley, a British collector, built his home around 1870 after whom it is named. In contrast to the surrounding dry, hot and barren country surrounding it the area is well vegetated and cooler climate made it attractive as a hill resort and tourist spot.
- Freakouts adventure zone conduct few activities like Archery, Artificial Wall Climb, Rope activities etc.
- For accommodation during weekends, book well in advance. You can find Haritha hill resort, Holiday home, Karnataka guest house. We could not find number or website of karnataka guest house. Holiday home will get crowded and messy during weekend, is overly priced for the amenities and ambience they provide. Haritha hill resort looked after by APTDC is well maintained and seemed to be the only place where a family can stay without any disturbance from drunkards.
- Food is available at the local smaller hotels and the best is the buffet by Haritha Bar and Restaurant which serves unlimited food for a very reasonable rate but Hot drinks is overly priced, almost double the MRP. If you are not using the Bar, then its advisable to pick your choice from Madanapally.
- Though there is no particular permitted trekking trail, forest surrounding Horsley Hills can be explored and the best area is to explore is down the hill from View Point. We went to View Point around 23:30 hrs and returned back @0200hrs to our cottages.
Difficuly: Easy Altitude: 1290m Temperature: 18-30°C Group: Sujeeth, Suneeth, Shilesh, Rohit, Sumit, Hadi