Date(s) - 01/03/2027
About the Place:
Gokarna beach trek is perfect for beginners, hippies, seekers and adventurers. It is home to many secluded beaches which can be reached only by trek or boat.
Gokarna, which means the cow’s ear, is a holy site on the Karavali Coast nestled between the rivers of Agnashini and the Gangavali. The center is known for housing the famous Shiva Temple where the ‘Aatmalinga’ is located. It is believed that Aatmalinga of Lord Shiva is in the shape of a cow’s ear, thus giving rise to the name, Gokarna. Gokarna is hailed as one of the seven ‘Muktistalas’ or pilgrimage centers of the state of Karnataka in India.
People all over the world come here for peace and tranquility it offers, cuisines, culture & laid-back attitude of people are worth mentioning, for temples and of course for the beautiful beaches. It is with most secluded and pristine beaches nestled nearby. It draws both pious pilgrims and hippie holidayers! with equal enthusiasm.
|Pick up Point||Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)|
|Trek Grade||Moderate due to humidity otherwise easy.|
|Max. Elevation||22m to 100m|
|Best Season||October to June.|
|Activities||Trekking, Camping, Bonfire, Barbecue, Temple, Shopping, Jog Falls|
Day 0: Depart from Adventure Junkie at 20:00, Informal introduction, discuss nit more on interests & passion.
Day 1: Get fresh and have Breakfast and tea at our accommodation. Start trek early as possible, Start from Gokarna main beach-Jatayu Theertha-Kudle Beach View Point-Kudle Beach-Gokarna Cliff-Om Beach-Parvathi Rocks-Half Moon Beach-Hell Cliff-Paradise Beach-Horizon Cliff (if time permits). Have lunch at Om Beach. Spend some time and return back to homestay for the much awaited BBQ, Campfire and Dinner.
Each beach has its unique identity of its own. Kudle & Om Beach is famous for shacks & cafes where you get multiple cuisine for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Half Moon Beach & Paradise Beach are secluded and can be reached only by trek or by boat. Perfect for camping.
Day 2: Get up early and visit Kudle beach hill rock for Sunrise, return to accommodation place. Have breakfast, Visit Temple & depart to visit Jog Falls on the way back to Bangalore.
*Introduction to Surfing & Snorkeling depending on the package selected.
- 1 night stay at Home Stay/Camping/Shacks
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary (non AC).
- Local trek guide, Permissions and Entry fees.
- Medical first aid support.
Exclusions: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks. Gokarna is famous for cuisines across the continents so we would like to leave it up to the participants to try different cuisines & satiate!
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 liters), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woolen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 liter each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths separately and extra for when backpack is not 100% water proof
To register on custom dates, Book the event and mention the date in comment box.