Date(s) - 01/03/2027
About the Place:
- Chembra Peak is the highest peak in Wayanad, at 2,050 m (6,730 ft) above sea level.
- Chembra is located near the town of Meppadi, 11 km off NH212 and is 8 km from Kalpetta.
- It is part of the Wayanad hill ranges in Western Ghats, adjoining the Nilgiri Hills in Tamil Nadu and Vellarimala in Kozhikode district in Kerala.
- Chembra Peak is accessible by foot from Meppady. Permission required from forest office to trek up to Chembra Peak.
- A heart-shaped lake on the way to the top of the peak is a major tourist attraction. You can find the lake halfway to the peak.
- Trek starts from the watch tower built by forest department. Maintenance of the trail is done by Vana Samrakshana Samithi. Water bottles must be dumped near forest office to get back security deposit, a wonderful initiative which must be followed at every trek trails.
- Trek to Chembra Peak is sometimes cut short at the heart-shaped lake, half way to the peak in case of animal intrusion or citing naxal problem. It’s not in our hands!
|Pick up Point||Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)|
|Max. Elevation||2050 m / 6724 ft|
|Season||Avoid Rainy season as trail gets slippery.|
|Activities||Trekking, Plantation walk, BBQ, Bonfire, Waterfalls|
|Trek Start & End Location||Forest Watch Tower|
Day 01: Depart previous day at 10:30PM. Get fresh up at the place of accommodation. Breakfast and trek to Chembra Peak. Stay at Dormitory/Home Stay/Camp. Try your hand at BBQ.
Day 02: Visit Edakallu Caves, Kanthanpara Falls and Take a plunge at Soochipara Falls. Return to Pick up Point.
- 1 night stay at dormitory/Home Stay/Camping.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- All meals during the trek.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary.
- Local trek guide.
- Medical first aid support.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 liters), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woolen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 liter each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths separately and extra for when backpack is not 100% water proof.
To register on custom dates, Book the event and mention the date in comment box.