Date(s) - 01/03/2027
Beas Kund Trek
Short trek to enjoy the majesty of Himalayan trekking.
High-altitude glacial lake.
Camp at the base facing colossal Himalayan peaks masked with snow.
Suitable for the first timers as the trail is slightly inclined only at few locations.
Beas Kund trek takes you away from your worries. Pir Pinjal range is visible as we trek along the bank of beas river. Dhundi & Bakarthach are spectacular in its beauty which we visit as we climb higher from Solang to Beas Kund to reach the origin of River Beas. A small glacial lake is fed by the melting snow of higher peaks of the region. This trek doesn’t need earlier high altitude trek experience, is one thing which attracts most of the novices to this trek.
Fierce River, Mountains covered by snow, Flora and Fauna of the region, High-Altitude Prestine & Calm lake nestled between jagged mountain peaks; doesn’t fail to take your mood to eternity.
The Blue lake of Beas Kund suddenly reveals itself and it is this lake where it is believed that Rishi Vyas, the author of Mahabharata took his daily bath. Dip in the icy cold waters of the lake will cleanse your fatigue in no time!
The West side of Beas Kund is magnificient peak of Hanman Tibba 5990 m / 19647 ft, which is accessible through narrow pass above this lake.
|Hub and Pick up Point||Manali|
|Trek Grade||Easy to Moderate|
|Max. Elevation||3690 m / 12103 ft|
|Best Season||May to October|
|Trek Days||3 Days|
|Trek Start & End Location||Solang|
Day 01: Manali (1950 m / 6396 ft) – Solang (2483 m / 8144 ft) drive. Trek to Dhundi (2840 m / 9315 ft) – Bakerthach (3270 m / 10726 ft). 6-7 hrs.
Day 02: Trek to Beas Kund (3690 m / 12103 ft) – back to Bakerthach. 7/8 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Dhundi (2840 m / 9315 ft) – Solang (2483 m / 8144 ft) – Nehru Kund if time permits. Drive back to Manali. 7/8 Hrs.
- 2 nights camping with all gears and accessories, Bonfire.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, Nordic walking sticks.
- All meals during the trek.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary.
- Support staff: Qualified and Trained local guide, Cook and Trekking mules with riding horses.
- Medical first aid support.
Diamox(to prevent AMS), Crocin(fever), Avomine(motion sickness), Avil 50mg(allergies), Combiflam(Pain killer), Disprin(headache), Norflox TZ & Lomofen(diarrhea), Digene(acidity), Omez/ Rantadine(antacids), Crepe bandage, Gauze roll, Band aid, Cotton roll, ORS, Betadine or any antiseptic cream, Moov spray(aches, & sprains)
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 litres), Water proof
- Two warm layers, Two trek pants, Two collared t-shirts, Thermals (Optional)
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses are to prevent snow blindness.
- Synthetic hand gloves: One pair woolen hand gloves. One pair of water/wind proof gloves.
- Balaclava: Woollen scarves instead as well.
- Socks (3 pairs): Two sports socks, A pair of woollen socks for the night.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Daypack (20 litres): If you are dumping your excess things in manali
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Cutlery: Carry a spoon, coffee mug and a lunch box, for hygiene reasons.
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each.
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths seperately and extra in case backpack is not 100% water proof.
To register on custom dates, Book the event and mention the date in comment box.