Get to know yourself on South India's Toughest Trek
From 00:01 until 23:59
At Adventure junkie, BTM, Bangalore
Adventure Junkie, BTM Layout, Bangalore
Suneeth, Sujeeth / 07259811995, 09663153111
About the Place:
- Kumara Parvatha is the third highest peak in karnataka. Mullayanagiri in Chikmagalur being the tallest and Thadiyandamol in Coorg being the second tallest.
- Kumara Parvatha, usually called as KP is considered as the toughest in South India.
- Kumara Parvatha trek can be completed in two days, either from Kukke Subramanya or Shanthahalli, Somawarpete. Trek distance from Kukke is 17km where as it is 7km fom Shanthahalli side.
- Trek from Kukke to Shanthahalli takes you through the forest ranges of two district.
- Trek permission from forest department is required to trek from either side. One can visit famous Kukke Sri Subramanya Temple at Subramanya.
Read about our previous treks to Kumaraparvata:
Pick up Point
Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)
Easy to Difficult depending on the route.
1712 m / 5615 ft
Avoid Rainy season as trail gets slippery & incidents of Thunderbolt striking at peak.
|Activities||Trekking, Camping, BBQ, Bonfire, Waterfalls.|
Trek Start & End Location
Kukke Sri Subramanya Temple and Beedahalli FO.
Itinerary 1: Kukke to Kukke (34km/Difficult/Stay option:Camping/Dormitory)
Day 01: Depart previous day @21:30PM from pick up point, Reach Trek start location, Get fresh, Breakfast and start hiking. Trail passes through dense forest and reach almost flat area of grassland, indicating the arrival of BhattaraMane where we will have lunch and hike further towards forest office, finish formalities and stay at Bhattaramane. Dinner, Bonfire and Camping.
Day 02: Fresh up, Breakfast and hike towards the peak. Sheshaparvatha deceives you but its the peak in between FO and KP. After crossing Sheshaparvatha, we come across dense forest and few steep rock climbs to reach KP. Spend some time at the peak and depart early in order to reach BhattaraMane, rest for a while and reach Kukke by evening.
- 1 night stay at dormitory/Home Stay/Camping.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner and Snacks.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary (non AC).
- Local trek guide.
- Medical first aid support.
- Entry fees and Permission.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 litres), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woollen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths seperately and extra for when backpack is not 100% water proof.
Paytm: +91 7259811995
Bank Name: Axis Bank, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Account Name: Sujeeth Sowdri Raveendra.
Account Number: 910010033747368
Account Type: Savings.
IFSC Code: UTIB0000052
There are 8 people coming.
Look who's coming: Hrishav Agarwal, Kushal , Rahul Singh Chouhan, Rahul Singh Chouhan
There are 17 places available.