Trek to Baamikonda, Waterfall at 10min from Campsite, Bonfire.
From 00:01 until 23:59
At Adventure Junkie, Bangalore
Adventure Junkie, BTM Layout, Bangalore
Suneeth, Sujeeth / 07259811995, 09663153111
About the Place:
Baamikonda Peak is adjacent to Kudremukh National Park and is lesser known unexplored peak.
The Kudremukh National Park - latitude 13°01'00" to 13°29'17" N, longitude 75°00'55' to 75°25'00" E. Known for its bio-diversity and mineral wealth, Kudremukh is located in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka. In Kannada, Kudremukh means ‘horse’s face’ and the place gets its name from a peak that resembles the face of a horse. The beautiful landscapes of Kurdremukh are a big crowd puller.
Three vital rivers — Bhadra, Nethravati and Tunga — originate from the region. Trekking along the well-established trails lead to the point of origin of these rivers. The trekking trails through dense forests and tropical riverbeds with varying degrees of difficulty, attract those seeking an adrenaline rush. You can see rare orchids and enjoy the fresh mountain air as you explore the grassland.
The Kudremukh National Park is the second largest protected region in the Western Ghats that is spread over an area spanning 600 sq km. The region in and around Kudremukh receives about 7,000 mm of rainfall per year.
PS: This trek is to lend an helping hand to local tribes living close to Kudremukh Reserve Forest.
Pick up Point
Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)
Avoid Rainy season as trail gets slippery
|Activities||Trekking, Camping, Bonfire, Waterfalls.|
Trek Start & End Location
Camping in a farm/Village Stay, Basic rest room facility
Day 0: Depart from Adventure Junkie at 22:30
Day 1: Get fresh and have Breakfast and tea at our Camp site. Start trek early as possible, Reach peak and have packed lunch. Spend some time and return back to Camp sitein a farm(Village Stay, basic rest room facility) for the Campfire, Activities and Dinner.
Day 2: Visit a waterfall which is just 15min from our camp site, Visit Hanuman Gundi waterfall. Depart to Bangalore.
- 1 night stay-Camping.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- 2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner and snacks.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary (non AC).
- Local trek guide, Permissions and Entry fees.
- Medical first aid support.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 litres), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woollen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths seperately and extra for when backpack is not 100% water proof.
Paytm: +91 7259811995
- Bank Name: Axis Bank, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
- Account Name: Sujeeth Sowdri Raveendra.
- Account Number: 910010033747368
- Account Type: Savings.
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000052
There are 14 people coming.
Look who's coming: Nandini, Dilip kumar, Srinivas, Vaibhav Vivek Shanbhag , Mahendra, chaitra mandara, surabhi, Prarthana, Prabesh Khadka
There are 6 places available.