Nishani motte is a relatively unknown peak in the Talacauvery/ brahmagiri range. Starting out in rich shola forests and meadows the trail follows a spectacular ridge walk to the summit. It lies between Greater TalaCauvery National Park and Brahmagiri Range. This stretch forms the border between Karnataka & Kerala. The peak offers a spectacular view of the layers of the Brahmagiri range. This is followed by a stay in the forest at the Anti poaching camp/Homestay.
|Trek Distance||15 km (Approx.)|
|Temperature||18.6 – 25.5 Celsius|
|GPS Coordinates||12.330151, 75.531103|
- Non A/C Transport
- Accomodation (1Dinner, 2Breakfast & 1lunch)
- Toll & Parking
- Abbey Falls, Golden Temple.
- River Rafting (30 – 60 minutes depending on water level)
Must bring things:
- A light and strong backpack.
- Extra pair of clothing & socks packed in waterproof pouch.
- Toilet paper, mouth wash, hand wash.
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters each), energy drinks ex glucose/ energy bar/electrolyte
- Personal camera, Mobile & sufficient battery back up.
- ID card, sufficient cash and emergency contact info (personal) (A Must)
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Torch/Headlamp, Cap
Things that would be brought by us:
- Tents & sleeping bag.
- First aid kit.
- Salt/ snuff powder to avoid leeches.
- Depart at 2230hrs on previous day.
- Get fresh & start hiking@10AM, first day of the event.
- Reach peak by 1330 hrs. Return back to Anti Poaching Camp Site/Homestay. Interaction with Forest Anti Poaching Team, Guides.
- Fire-camp & BBQ (if weather permits)
- Get up at 0600 hrs, second day. Breakfast & Visit Abbey Falls, Golden Temple.
- River Rafting for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Have self sponsored lunch & Depart to Bangalore on second day evening & reach Bangalore by 2330 hrs.