About the Place:
Kodachadri is a unique trek place with dense forest, meadows spreading everywhere along the trail, high waterfalls, view of the Arabian sea during clear weather from the sunset point. It lies in Mookambika National Park, home to many endangered species of flora and fauna. 18th century Nagara Fort located at the backwaters of Lingannamakki backwaters is another attraction nearby. Hidlumane falls (60ft height making it perfect place for Canyoning), Arisinagundi falls and Belakallu Theertha falls surround the peak. Sarvajna Peeta at the peak is believed to be the place where Shankaracharya performed penance. Sri Mookambika Temple near travelers bungalow, Ganesha Guha, small cave called Chitramoola from where one can view Mookambika Temple of Kollur are other few attractions one can witness during the trek.
There are three routes to Kodachadri peak.
- Via Santhosh Hotel (5.5km after Nittur, 5.5km to Hotel from the main road-Mud road)
- Via Hidlumane Waterfalls (1.5km before Nittur -Government Higher Primary School – Hidlumane falls)
- Jeep route (Really not a trail for trekkers but most suited if group size is large and heavily raining)
|Pick up Point||Bangalore (Ask for pick up from other locations)|
|Trek Grade||Easy (4-5hrs) (14km apprx)|
|Max. Elevation||1343 m / 4405 ft|
|Season||October to February|
|Activities||Trekking, Camping, BBQ, Bonfire, Waterfalls, Nagara fort & Lingannamakki backwaters visit.|
|Trek Start & End Location||Nitturu|
Day 0: Depart from Bangalore at 9PM, Overnight Journey to reach the base camp/Homestay
Day 1: Get fresh, Have breakfast and pack lunch and start hiking to reach Hidlumane waterfalls on the way. Learn basics of Canyoning, take a dip in the water, fun games, head to peak. Visit Mookambika Temple, Ganesha Guha and Chitramoola on the way to the peak. Head back to base camp near PWD guest house or to homestay. Bonfire with light music, BBQ and camp gazing the stars.
Day 2: Visit Nagara Fort located at the backwaters of linganamakki dam on Sharavathi River. Have ready-to-eat lunch and head back to Bangalore. Have self sponsored dinner on the way back.
- 1 night stay at dormitory/Home Stay/Camping.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner and plenty of snacks.
- Transportation to and fro as per itinerary (non AC).
- Local trek guide.
- Medical first aid support.
- BBQ if weather permits, Bonfire.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (40-60 litres), Water proof
- Socks (2 pairs): One sports socks, A pair of woollen socks for the night if trek is in winter.
- Salt/Snuff Powder to avoid leeches during rainy and post rainy season.
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturiser, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 litre each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths seperately and extra for when backpack is not 100% water proof.