About the Place:
Badami, formerly known as Vatapi, is located 150km North West of Hampi. It was the regal capital of the Badami Chalukyas from 540 to 757 AD. It is famous for its rock cut structural temples. It is located in a ravine at the foot of a rugged, red sandstone outcrop that surrounds Agastya lake. And is home to some of the best sport climbing in India. With routes ranging from 5b to 8b+, there is something in Badami for every rock climber, amateur to pro. This is great location for free sport climbing and bouldering. The cliffs have horizontal crack systems, similar to Gunks. There are over 150 bolted routes and multiple routes for free climbing. Pattadakal and Aihole are other near by tourist attractions.
Day 01: Depart previous day at 21:00. Get fresh up at our Camping Location. Have Authentic North Karnataka Breakfast, Introduction to Rock Climbing along with reading material. Climb, Sufficient and healthy Lunch before you get hungry. Climb again. Stay at ‘Base’Camp/Rooms. Dinner, BBQ, Bonfire.
Day 02: Fresh up, Breakfast, Climb, Lunch, Visit Nearby places and return to Bangalore.
- 1 night stay at ‘Base‘Camp.
- Spacious dome tents, sleeping bags.
- 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner with Barbecue
- Non AC Transport.
- Entry fees to Heritage sites.
- Local Climbing Expert and Climbing Gear
- Medical first aid support.
Things to Carry:
- Canvas shoes-rubber sole.
- Socks (2 pairs)
- Headlamp/Torch: Mandatory
- Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Two water bottles: 1 liter each.
- Personal Medications if any
- Plastic covers/Water proof covers to keep wet cloths separately and extra when backpack is not 100% water proof.