About the Place:
The Turahalli Forest is located about 20 km from Bengaluru off Kanakapura road. Its 13 km from Banashankari and can be overseen from the NICE road. Its easily reachable by road and one can ride their bike till the top of hill. The existence of many wild animals have been observed, such as jackal, hare, monitor-lizards, and mongooses. It is a very calm, clean place for those who wish to go for a short, one day trek. Its also famous among cyclists, as there are no steep curves or steep heights, making cycling in the area quite easy. Turahalli is also famous among rock climbers, because it has many boulders of various sizes and shapes. Many of Bangaloreans still practice rock climbing here on weekends and weekdays.
It has a nice view and a small temple on top of a rocky hill. As of today, Turahalli forest is said to be Bengaluru’s only surviving forest.
- Total cycling distance: 33km
- Depart Adventure Junkie at 6AM.
- View Point at the top of Turahalli through offroad trail.
- Visit Omkar Hills.
- Return back by 12PM.
- If you have your own bike, ask for reduced event price!
- Breakfast and Lunch.
- MTB or Roadbike (with support vehicle at extra cost depending on group size).
- Health medical kits.
Crocin(fever), Avomine(motion sickness), Avil 50mg(allergies), Combiflam(Pain killer), Disprin(headache), Norflox TZ & Lomofen(diarrhea), Digene(acidity), Omez/ Rantadine(antacids), Crepe bandage, Gauze roll, Band aid, Cotton roll, ORS, Betadine or any antiseptic cream, Moov spray(aches, & sprains)
- Helmets Compulsory.
- Wear appropriate gear to protect from dust.
- Do not use earphones with loud music while riding.
- Not a race. Ride along at safe distance.
- Wear Shoes.
- Tuck-in your tracks into the socks while riding or Wear Padded Shorts meant for cycling.
- Do not wear tight-fitted clothes as they might hinder with your movement during the ride.